Travel and Road Works Update
Please note that, for approximately 26 weeks from Monday 20 August 2012, access to the carpark at the ARC may be limited due to road closures in the immediate area. It will still be possible to use the public car park in Stafford Street.
About the Travel Plan
Revival Fires is seeking, with the support of the TravelWise programme, to pro-actively assist travel to and from the Apostolic Resource Centre. We want to reduce congestion and provide quick, efficient and economical alternative means of transport.
We hope that this guide will be helpful in raising your awareness to a range of travel options. The new Apostolic Resource Centre has a very central location in Dudley, making alternative forms of transport very accessible. Revival Fires also seeks to be a blessing to our local community, and this Travel Plan will assist us to do so.
In each of the Travel Plan pages, you can click on the maps and pre-planned routes for each alternative option and print them off to make your journey as pleasant and easy as possible.
So whether you are travelling from near or far, visit regulary or rarely, there is a viable transport alternative for you!
'To work towards reducing the environment and congestion impacts
of transport activities of visitor and employees.'
Car sharing is two or more people commuting in one car. It
can help reduce the number of cars on the road, pressure on
parking and saves everyone money.
• Use the map to the left to plan your journey to the
Apostolic Resource Centre, and find the best car-parking facility.
• Use the Lift
Share website to find others wanting to car share on their
• Use the AA
travelwatch website the RAC travel services website
to plan your journey.
• Use the help2travel website
for real time information about travel, traffic and trains
in the West Midlands.
• Arrange car sharing if you are visiting in a group.
• Call the Revival Fires office to find out if there are delegates coming from your local area.
• If you have spaces in your car, inform a Revival Fires member of staff to announce.
Nationally 30% of all journeys are less than 2 miles, many
of which are to and from work, or work related. Walking is
cheap, healthy and reduces car parking requirements.
• Use the map to the left. An ideal solution is to book accommodation near to the church and walk to the meetings.
• Due to the central position of the church, walking is a very viable alternative transport.
• Walking can be a more direct route as it does not limited by one way systems.
• For shorter journeys, walking can be faster than driving when roads are congested.
Public transport use reduces congestion, pollution, wear and tear on
vehicles and is often quicker and cheaper. Buses in the West Midlands
currently can approximately carry the equivalent occupants of 22 cars
• Due to the central position of the church, public transport is a very
viable alternative transport.
• Use the website to the left to get time tables and plan your journey.
• Revival Fires has a telephone you can use for free to call a taxi service
(Castle Cars - 01384 21 33 33 / 23 99 99).
• Dudley Bus Station is located at the bottom of Dudley High Street,
a short walk from the Apostolic Resource Centre.
• If you are arriving by plane, National Express coaches run from most
airports to Dudley Bus Station.
Cycling is environmentally friendly and provides regular exercise. Storing cycles
takes up less space than car parking.
• Due to the central position of the church, cycling is a very viable alternative transport.
• There is a bicycle rack at the Apostolic Resource
Centre to ensure safe storage for your bicycle.
There are eight local rail lines in the West
Midlands providing fast, convenient travel.
• Trains are particularly good if you are travelling
from a further distance. There are many bus stops and taxi
services running from the train stations near Dudley.
• The closest stations to the Apostolic Resource Centre are
Dudley Port Train Station,
Sandwell and Dudley Train Station and
Tipton Train Station.
• The closest airport to the Apostolic Resource Centre is Birmingham
• Flight Link offer the best connection service
direct from the aiport to Dudley Bus Station.